The Bucksport Bay Healthy Communities Coalition: Matter of Balance Program
A Matter of Balance — is an 8-week award-winning program designed to manage falls and increase activity levels. Classes help participants learn to:
view falls and fear of falling as controllable
set realistic goals for increasing activity
change their environment to reduce fall risk factors
promote exercise to increase strength and balance
TO REGISTER or find out more information please contact Bucksport Bay Healthy Communities Coalition at 469-6682. Download a sample flyer for more details.
Bonnie Kline, PhD and Terrie Perrine M.Ed. will lead the award-winning program. Class activities will include group discussion, problem solving, role-playing, skill building, assertiveness training, videotapes, and practical solutions.
During the four-week program participants will learn to:
• view falls and fear of falling as controllable,
• set realistic goals of increasing activity,
• change their environment to reduce fall risk factors,
• exercise to increase strength and balance.
Who should attend?
• Anyone interested in improving their balance, flexibility, strength
• Anyone concerned about falls
• Anyone who has fallen in the past
• Anyone who has restricted their activities because of falling concerns
This program is sponsored by Eastern Area Agency on Aging in association with the Bucksport Bay Healthy Communities Coalition. Participants will be charged a one-time fee of $15.00 to cover the cost of the book. There are also books available for loan. T